Posted on 12 Mar 2021
In a recent webinar with IBD specialist Nutritional Therapist, Clemmie Oliver, we learned many things about the role that food plays when living with IBD and how
different factors can impact how one feels during periods of relapse or remission.
Note: Watch the full webinar in the My IBD Care app Library under ‘Expert-led Webinars’.
Topics/questions covered in this webinar include:
- Introduction to diet, food and IBD
- Factors that impact our symptoms
- How can food support us>
- Nutrient deficiencies
- What does a healthy diet look like?
- Energy levels and fatigue
- Types of foods that give us energy
- Newly diagnosed? Where to begin
- What to eat in flare vs remission
- How to identify trigger foods
- Are probiotics helpful or necessary?
- Is intermittent fasting helpful or harmful?
When we are trying to manage our IBD symptoms, it’s easy to become hyper-focused on one area of our life, from our diet to our physical activity to our sleep, but in reality every single area is important and plays an important role in our health and wellbeing journey.
We will be sharing more resources with you regarding diet, nutrition and IBD in the near future!